There is no better combination than travel and sport.
They make life-defining memories, forge friendships and create experiences that last forever. If you love the idea of helping deliver those magic moments, we have a new role that is truly inspirational.
We have a great opportunity to join our playing tours operations team as our Team Leader, with the responsibility for planning, directing and leading the delivery of our extensive playing tours and events programmes across the world.
You’ll be primarily responsible for the operational delivery of our playing tours, acting as the principle point of contact for our customers after the point of sale. You’ll work closely with the Head of Operations to ensure that appropriate delivery plans are in place for all tour bookings, ensuring that our clients tour packages are delivered fully and that the touring party has an exceptional experience whilst traveling.
What we are looking for:
- A flexible, operationally minded individual who’s highly organised with an interest in sport and the travel industry
- An individual with team leadership experience preferably in the travel and/or event industries
- A strong customer service background both face to face and over the phone
- A love for building effective relationships both in and outside of the business to help you achieve your aims and objectives
- The ability to plan, prioritise and deliver schedules of work in order to exceed customer expectations
- An individual who thrives in high pressure situations and is able to use their own initiative to problem solve, someone who can demonstrate resilience and perseverance in dealing with challenging issues
- A flexible approach to work and happy to work weekends and evenings, where required
- A great team player, happy to ‘help out’ in other areas that will only grow your experience and opportunities
- Experience in the travel industry and in particular sports playing tours would be great, but it’s not essential
What you’ll be getting involved in:
- Leading the operational delivery of the company’s Playing Tours and Events programmes, being responsible for all aspects of Playing Tours bookings, after the point of sale
- Providing exceptional customer service at all times, including interacting directly with customers and answering customer enquiries
- Improving the performance, productivity and efficiency of the playing tours operations team through the implementation of effective operational procedures and strategies
- Ensuring the business continues to comply with the School Travel Forum (STF) code of practice and play a lead role in the STF annual compliance renewal process
- Responsible for the updating and accuracy of in-house booking and inventory management systems (Tourplan) to ensure that accurate and reliable reports are available at all times
- With the Head of Operations, responsible for the appropriate planning of ‘in situ’ Event Staffing to ensure that all Playing Tours and Events are appropriately staffed with local representation
- Researching, sourcing, negotiating and contracting (fixtures, kit/luggage, ground handlers, travel services etc.), ensuring agreement to preferred terms and conditions
- Maintaining close contact with all suppliers to ensure that contract and quality requirements are met
- Supporting the Head of Operations with coaching and encouraging members of the team to improve their personal performance and customer service delivery whilst identifying areas for training and development
- Providing day to day support, guidance and direction to members of the team to ensure that the team achieves all financial and operational targets
- Participating in specific event planning, product development and other relevant meetings as required
- Conducting team meetings and group presentations as and when necessary
- Deputising for the Head of Operations when required (internally, externally and at events)
- Undertaking regular worldwide travel as required for the purposes of familiarisation and/or operational event delivery
To apply for this exciting position please send your CV and current salary, coupled with an email summarising what makes you the right person for the role to email@example.com by no later than close of Monday 29 August 2022.