Looking to further your legal career and want to learn in a fast-paced business that leads the way in the sports-travel industry? If so, we want to hear from you.
At Mike Burton we have a history of taking great talent and giving it a pathway to develop in a commercial environment – and the next chance could be yours.
We are looking for a legal assistant to join our team to support the Director of Legal and Technology and Paralegal across our own and joint venture businesses.
In a small team you will have the opportunity to gain fantastic experience in both legal and on-event projects in a role that will help shape your future career.
What we are looking for:
- You already have a great eye for detail and can show us previous experience of dealing with contractual and commercial issues that involve specifically reviewing and drafting contracts
- We pride ourselves in running a slick and motivated team so you will need excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage time and prioritise tasks to deliver when working under pressure
- Communicating is vital – you will be a great communicator and confident when talking to others
- Accurate and flexible, can work independently with minimal supervision
- We love what we do and want you to be the same – so a genuine interest in the legal industry and contract/commercial law is what we are looking for
- Able to build strong, effective working relationships across the business
- We want to develop someone who is pragmatic and can offer a commercial approach when providing advice to stakeholders
- Legal/CILEx would be preferred, but not essential
- Experience as a non-qualified paralegal/contract negotiator with at least 1 years’ experience of negotiating a wide range of contracts directly with customers, suppliers and other parties.
- General English law principles with specific contract/commercial law knowledge and experience
- A working knowledge and understanding of contract law, intellectual property licensing and commercial contracting concepts.
What you’ll be getting involved with:
- Offering legal support to other departments within the business when required to ensure excellent customer service is delivered
- Assisting with the general development of the Legal Team, innovating and creating efficiencies in service delivery and identifying efficiencies across the business
- Reviewing commercial agreements independently and with supervision in accordance with internal policies Carrying out extensive diary management for the Director of Legal & Technology
- Providing general advice and support in respect of service procurement (including review and negotiation of vendor terms).
- Drafting, negotiating and preparing legal contracts and supporting documentation
- Assisting with rights protection programmes including infringement identification and monitoring, conducting mystery shopping exercises and consulting with rights holders.
- Complying with office/legal governance and administration processes and assisting in contractual administrative tasks (preparing engrossed documents, chasing, logging, organising).
- Proactively ensuring relevant documents are available for meetings involving the Director of Legal & Technology, including preparation of agendas, supporting papers and taking minutes
- Supporting the Director of Legal & Technology with the administration of his day-to-day duties as required
- Arranging travel, accommodation and itineraries for the Director of Legal & Technology
To apply for this exciting position please send your CV and current salary, coupled with an email summarising what makes you the right person for the role to email@example.com by no later than close of business on Monday 22 August 2022.