Love nothing better than helping people reach their potential?
Passionate about developing and growing talent?
Looking to take the next step in your HR career?
If this sounds like you, the Mike Burton Group is the place to be.
People are at the forefront of everything we do. They live our brand and represent our partners so it’s fundamental our employees are motivated, engaged and have the skills to fulfil their roles in an environment they can thrive in!
Working in partnership with England Rugby, The British & Irish Lions, Team GB and the Australian Open Tennis Championship, we are looking for someone to work with our Head of HR and Facilities to make sure that happens!
No one day will be the same in this role from supporting our managers with training and development plans to recruiting our newest additions to the team, this role will certainly be varied.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage competing demands, whilst delivering to tight timelines
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service, providing first line advice and guidance to our employees and management team, actively seeking solutions to support at first point of contact
- An individual who leads from the front and sets the example
- Happy and confident to contribute ideas for continual improvement and innovation
- An approachable nature with great interpersonal skills and a great communicator across the board
- A working understanding of employment law
- A real team player, happy to help out in other areas of the business to develop your knowledge and experience
- At least one year working in a similar HR generalist role
- CIPD in Human Resources Level 3 or equivalent relevant experience
What you’ll be getting involved with:
- Championing our core values both internally and externally
- Assisting with the implementation of our HR Strategy
- Work with the Head of HR and Facilities to develop and implement policies on issues including working conditions, performance management and absence management
- Managing the employment process from recruitment to onboarding our newest team members
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Working with our external agencies on HR and health and safety matters
- Developing and administering company benefits and reward and recognition schemes
- Taking notes at meetings ensuring minutes are produced and distributed to a high standard with a high level of attention to detail
- Proposing new ways to improve people management and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Maintaining employee records
- Organising staff social events
- Assisting with resource planning, considering immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
- Researching and planning (sometimes delivering) training, including staff inductions
- Working with the Head of HR and Facilities and our internal brand communications team to make sure our employees are receiving up to date news and information
To apply for this exciting position please send your CV and current salary, coupled with an email summarising what makes you the right person for the role to email@example.com.