Love the idea of powering some of the biggest sports brands in the world?
Want to further your career in the sports and event industry? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
At Mike Burton we are proud to bring our partner brands to life through our incredible special events programme at some of the most iconic sporting events in the world.
Whether it’s a huge Lions party for thousands of fans on the other side of the world or an intimate private dining experience, our events are unique, special and memorable and this is your chance to be a part of it with us.
What we are looking for:
- A great event takes planning – you’ll have a flair for excellent organisation, have great time management
and help bring the best out of people with fantastic communication skills
- You’ll know your stuff and have experience in the events industry
- You’ll be able to pull us up on any details we may have missed, with your great attention to detail
- A great sense to be able to prioritise and manage multiple project tasks
- We are about people and making clients happy – understanding that with a professional approach is key
- We are a team, and we need you to fit in. There is no ‘I’ in team!
- An ability to learn systems quickly and efficiently
- Be calm with a flexible attitude to help others in all situations
- A quick thinker with the ability to analyse effectively to achieve positive results
- A flexible approach to work and happy to work weekends and evenings, where required – it’s where we
have most fun anyway
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What you will be getting involved in:
- Making our clients smile! You will be responsible for the planning, fulfilment, and delivery of our special
- Make the best use of our in-house project management systems and processes
- Think big (and when needed small) to help coordinate all venues and associated logistical arrangements
- Primary point of contact for suppliers, such as venues, caterers, AV and production companies, to
ensure they deliver the best services and products for the events
- We thrive on ideas and development, and we want you to contribute
- Everyone loves a bit of stash, and you will help coordinate and deliver the merchandise requirements for
Rugby World Cup 2023 and all future projects including the British & Irish Lions tour to Australia 2025
- The production, development and delivery of the client documentation strategy including final travel
itineraries (digital and physical), liaising with internal departments
- Client communication is king, and you will help set up and maintain client communication templates
within the internal booking system across the business
- Work with the Event Services Manager to organise, plan and prioritise workloads to meet objectives and
- Assist with due diligence and contracting suppliers
- The big stuff! Have the opportunity to work onsite at events as well as attending meetings and site
inspections in the UK, Europe and the rest of the World during weekdays, public holidays and weekends,
as and when required
- Any other duties reasonably required
To apply for this exciting position please send your CV and current salary, coupled with an email summarising what makes you the right person for the role to email@example.com.