The Company: The Mike Burton Group Limited
Area of Work: England Rugby Travel
Title: Customer Services Advisor
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time (37½ hours per week)
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 dependent on experience
Department: Customers Services Team (Operations Department)
Responsible to: Customer Services Manager
Location: UK Head Office (Gloucester)
You will be responsible for ensuring that clients receive a superior level of customer service from the point of sale through to the end of each sports travel event. Through email and telephone communication you will be the “face” of the company and proactively communicate with clients keeping them updated with latest travel news and destination information.
You will be responsible for dealing with all inbound client requests and amendments to travel packages which involves internal communication within departments, liaising with the sales team for costs and communicating back to clients and closing the loop. Back of house system entries and data collation will be required to close all enquiries.
You will act as a liaison with stakeholders, partners and official appointed agents and arrange and confirm travel services and keep open proactive communication and dialogue between them and us, reporting on meetings and issuing of invoices and booking confirmations.
Founded over 40 years ago by the England Rugby legend Mike Burton, the Mike Burton Group has grown and formed partnerships with Team GB, England Rugby, Lions Rugby and ICC to create joint partnerships offering sports fans the ability to travel the world in a safe and secure environment while watching the sport they love.
What we can offer you
• A competitive salary
• Life insurance and discretionary major event bonuses
• Free onsite parking and the occasional discounted holidays for friends and family
• A range of company-wide social events, fully paid for by us – after all, we want to let our hair down
every once in a while
• Access to our online benefits platform with discount on retailers, gym memberships and employee assistance programme
• Acting as a point of contact for allocated clients, stakeholders and partners post sale
• Be responsible for keeping internal CRM and booking systems updated
• Involved with the allocation and distribution of client documentation within agreed timescales
• Final checks of all client documentation, liaising between internal departments and external clients to ensure that all information provided is correct
• Any other duties reasonably required
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of two years’ experience in the Customer Service or travel industry, with emphasis on detailed and accurate communication and the ability to communicate with people from all levels of seniority
• Exceptional administration skills and attention to detail
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to learn new computer programs quickly
• Possess an organised approach with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task
• A keen eye for detail in service and delivery standards
• A lively and enthusiastic personality with a dedicated and professional approach to work
• A team player
• Industry/sporting knowledge desired but not essential
• Calm under pressure with a flexible attitude and the will to proactively assist others
• A quick thinker with the ability to deal with and analyse situations in order to achieve positive results
Please send your CV and current salary, along with a covering letter describing what strengths you have as an individual that could be applied to this role and the team to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than close of business on Monday 24 January . The subject of the email should include the ‘job title’ and your ‘full name’.
Complete all your details below and one of our team will be in touch.